Running a restaurant is a labor of love. Here at Commercial Restaurant Service we know the hours are long, the work can be hard, and the margins can be tight. That’s why buying quality used commercial equipment can be a smart, cost-saving choice for restaurant owners. By purchasing used, you can get high-quality restaurant equipment at a fraction of what it would cost to buy new. However, when buying anything used, there are certain pitfalls to be aware of. So, today, we want to discuss what you need to know before investing in used commercial restaurant equipment.
Do Your Homework
To start, you want to make sure you know exactly what you’re looking for. Take accurate measurements of your old equipment or the space the equipment will need to fit in. You always want to make sure to have a list of the specific features you want. You don’t want to get a piece of equipment and realize it’s missing a vital feature that your restaurant kitchen needs. Finally, you’ll want to check that the equipment you purchase is compatible with your current kitchen hookups.
Questions to Ask Before Purchasing Equipment
- How long has the piece of equipment been in use?
- What problems has it been serviced for before?
- What are the measurements?
- Confirm that it is indeed commercial-grade and not residential-grade equipment
Buy From a Reputable Dealer
While you can buy used restaurant equipment from a private seller, we recommend buying from a reputable dealer. When you buy from a private seller there is no guarantee as to what shape the equipment is in. And most likely, if the equipment breaks down shortly after purchasing, as the buyer, you will have no recourse. Reputable used equipment dealers will often offer warranties, so you won’t be left holding the bag if the equipment breaks. Reputable dealers will inspect equipment and ensure it is in good working condition before placing it for sale.
Related post: How Purchasing Used Restaurant Equipment Saves You Money
Restaurant Equipment Worth Buying Used
- Ovens and ranges tend to have a long working life. However, you want to be sure that the stove and oven heat up evenly and that the seals are intact.
- Gas equipment is easy to repair, doesn’t break down often, and has parts that are widely available if they need to be replaced.
- Small appliances like pots, pans, food processors, blenders, and cooking utensils are great items to buy second-hand.
- Commercial-grade tableware is designed for repeated use, so it tends to hold up for a long time.
Looking for Used Commercial Restaurant Equipment?
Then look no further. Commercial Restaurant Service. We offer the highest quality refurbished equipment. We also offer warranties on used equipment and service the equipment we sell. Contact us today online or give us a call at 417-224-2614.